We’re continuing our fixes for 0.6.1 with another fix-filled update! Over the past week we’ve seen lots of amazing buildings being constructed, both by you guys playing singleplayer and with your friends.
This week we have improvements for everyone. We have performance improvements for the servers, including a fix for the lag spikes when people would connect. We also tweaked the way the mechanical crafting stations work, they should be a lot more fun to use now. The Ancestral Torch can now be placed on your walls, so everyone knows you are the proud owner. We rebalanced the tools, fixed some crashes, and we whitelisted the crafting components again.
Enjoy the update!
– Fixed lagspike when players connect to the server in multiplayer.
– Fixed spectator camera not working in multiplayer.
– Fixed tool durability not updating reliably in multiplayer.
– Optimized some parts of the code, servers with a lot of grids should see some improvement in performance.
– Tweaked deer spawning logic to ensure no-one gets stuck in the research without a chance for a deer spawning in their area in multiplayer.
– Added input and output inventories to mechanical sawmill and gristmill, increased their sizes, and added log to plank process to sawblades.
– Fixed Ancestral Torch not placable.
– Fixed claimblock house sharing settings not saving correctly.
– Fixed crafting recipe cost and deconstruction payback for several small blocks to ensure they are the same.
– Fixed inequality in the cost for wall torch and torch stand.
– Fixed Kiln not compounding with the floor.
– Fixed large round wall walks and small stairs resource costs.
– Fixed sounds on all doors and shutters.
– Tweaked palisade model to compound nicely with wooden support blocks.
– Tweaked stick fence LOD model.
– Tweaked wooden support compounding behaviour.
– Added deer to tropical forest biome.
– Fixed bookmarks not saving in the search screen.
– Fixed quests not completing when a schematic is consumed while its quest is active.
– Fixed save-as on the main menu wiping the player data.
– Fixed some missing blocks in two military research quests.
– Fixed some missing localization.
– Fixed spectator enabled checkbox resetting to true every time you open the advanced settings menu.
– Fixed weapon rack accepting steel plow and crossbows.
– Tweaked map piece drop rate on stone piles, plus they are now hidden in the arctic as well.
– Tweaked mining output, a little more stone per mining hit and no more stone in normal iron ore.
– Tweaked mushroom density, there should be a few less.
– Tweaked durability balance on tools.
– Removed Seedbag swish sound while seeding, it was getting a little annoying.
– Unlocking Torch after crafting the Stone Axe in the tutorial for new players getting stuck in the dark.
– Fixing a crash when backup runs on a system with UTF16 characters in the filepath.
– Fixing a crash when hammering blocks while rapidly moving the camera.
– Fixing a crash when hammering a block that is destroyed at the same time.
– Tweaked audio definition, Pitch now defaults to 1, Pitch Variation is no longer scaled, VolumeVariation is no longer scaled.
– Whitelisting Medieval.Entities.Components.Crafting namespace.